Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ponting blames Bollywood for his anti-Indian attitude !

In what can be described as a totally shocking and ridiculous statement, Ponting, after his team’s whitewash in the latest test series against India, has mentioned that Bollywood is responsible for his anti-Indian attitude. When the awestruck press-reporters asked him if he cared to elaborate, Mr.Ponting began recalling all those instances which carved inside him an anti-Indian idol.

“My parents were big fans of Bollywood movies”, he began, “till that day,when out of the blue they became very angry and were disappointed about a hugely anticipated movie. My parents watched the much expected movie “DON”, but were utterly upset when they found out that it was not about DON BRADMAN and there was not even a mentioning of Sir.DON BRAMAN in the entire movie!! They were frenzied.They even stopped watching Bollywood movies. Such was the popularity of Don Bradman in that era. But I kept watching B-Town movies even after that, till that day when I watched another blockbuster movie “Border”, only to find out that it had completely neglected “Allan Border” in the entire movie. I was furious and the incident was shocking. But the only soothing that came my way then was that someone told me they are remaking the earlier movie DON. I thought finally Indians realized their mistake and watched that new DON with high hopes and expectations. No, you people cheated us yet again. Don Bradman Sir never appeared in that either, not even in a cameo. That was disastrous. As to add up to the frustrations, recently I heard from a friend of mine in Sydney, who is studying Indian culture, that there was a movie in Bollywood called “Hussey_na Maan Jayegi”. When I asked him what the hell did that mean, he explained that it translated to something like ‘Hussey never agrees’ and also explained that Hussey was treated as a female! I don’t know which Hussey they meant David or Michael, but seriously, I could not sustain this at all, simply could not, at any cost. All these made me feel malice towards Bollywood and bear a grudge against Indian culture”

4 comments:

  1. You must join http://www.fakingnews.com/ or rather they must hire you..:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rajesh: thanks maga.. :)
    @bharath: infact, this was written for the same purpose... :)

    ReplyDelete